|Wednesday, November 20, 2019
|House Meets at…
||Votes Predicted at…
|10:00 a.m. Morning Hour
12:00 p.m. Legislative Business
Fifteen “One Minutes” Per Side
|First/Last Votes: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
|ANY ANTICIPATED MEMBER ABSENCES FOR VOTES TODAY SHOULD BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE OFFICE OF THE MAJORITY WHIP AT 6-3210.
Floor Schedule and Procedure:
H.Res. 713 – Rule Providing for Consideration of H.R. 1309 – Workplace Violence Prevention for Health Care and Social Service Workers Act (Rep. Courtney – Education and Labor)
Suspensions (9 bills):
- H.R. 182 – To extend the authorization for the Cape Cod National Seashore Advisory Commission (Rep. Keating – Natural Resources)
This bill would extend the authorization for the Cape Cod National Seashore Advisory Commission from 2018 to 2028.
- H.R. 255 – Big Bear Land Exchange Act, as amended (Rep. Cook – Natural Resources)
This bill would authorize an equal-value land exchange of 73 acres of federal land in the San Bernardino National Forest for 71 acres of non-federal land.
- H.R. 263 – To rename the Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge as the Congressman Lester Wolff Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge (Rep. Suozzi – Natural Resources)
This bill would rename the Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge in New York the “Congressman Lester Wolff Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge” after the long-time Congressman Lester Wolff.
- H.R. 737 – Shark Fin Sales Elimination Act of 2019, as amended (Rep. Sablan – Natural Resources)
This bill would prohibit the sale of shark fins, with exceptions for smooth and spiny dogfish, and traditional fisheries, educational, and scientific purposes.
- H.R. 925 – North American Wetlands Conservation Extension Act (Rep. Thompson (CA) – Natural Resources)
This bill would reauthorize the North American Wetlands Conservation Act through 2024.
- H.R. 1088 – FIRST Act (Rep. Marshall – Natural Resources)
This bill authorizes the Society of the First Infantry Division to design and install stone plinths and plaques to the First Division Monument in President’s Park.
- H.R. 1446 – Multinational Species Conservation Funds Semipostal Stamp Reauthorization Act of 2019 (Rep. Clay – Natural Resources)
This bill would authorize the sale of the remainder of Multinational Species Funds Semipostal stamps until all stamps printed under the Multinational Species Conservation Fund Semipostal Stamp Act of 2010 have been sold.
- H.R. 1472 – To rename the Homestead National Monument of America near Beatrice, Nebraska, as the Homestead National Historical Park (Rep. Smith (NE) – Natural Resources)
This bill would rename the Homestead National Monument of America, located in Gage County, Nebraska, as the Homestead National Historical Park.
- H.R. 1487 – Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area Boundary Adjustment Study Act, as amended (Rep. Lieu – Natural Resources)
This bill would direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource study to determine whether to add the entire Santa Monica Bay coastline, as well as the Ballona Wetlands, Ballona Creek, Baldwin Hills, and San Pedro coastline to the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.