|Tuesday, November 12, 2019
|House Meets at…
||Votes Predicted at…
|2:00 p.m. Legislative Business
Unlimited “One Minutes” Per Side
|First/Last Votes: 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
|ANY ANTICIPATED MEMBER ABSENCES FOR VOTES TODAY SHOULD BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE OFFICE OF THE MAJORITY WHIP AT 6-3210.
Floor Schedule and Procedure:
Suspensions (9 bills):
- H.R. 4625 – Protect the GI Bill Act, as amended (Rep. Levin (CA) – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill amends title 38, United States Code, to require that educational institutions must provide veterans information on total cost of attending, show fair recruitment practices and accommodate re-enrollment of veterans who deploy while in a program as a condition of approval for purposes of the educational assistance programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4477 – Reducing High Risk to Veterans and Veterans Services Act, as amended (Rep. Pappas – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs to submit a plan to address the issues that have VA placed on the IG high-risk list.
- H.R. 4771 – VA Tele-Hearing Modernization Act (Rep. Cunningham – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill amends title 38, United States Code, to permit appellants to appear in cases before the Board of Veterans’ Appeals by picture and voice transmission from locations other than facilities of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- H.R. 4360 – VA Overpayment Accountability Act (Rep. Kim – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill amends title 38, United States Code, to improve the due process afforded veterans with respect to recovery of overpayments made by the Department and other amounts owed by veterans to the United States, to improve the processing of veterans benefits by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- H.R. 4356 – Protecting Families of Fallen Servicemembers Act, as amended (Rep. Harder – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill amends the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to allow certain individuals to terminate contracts for telephone, multichannel video programming, or internet access service, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4162 – GI Bill Planning Act of 2019, as amended (Rep. Bergman – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill will extend the period of time in which a servicemember can elect to receive Montgomery GI Bill educational benefit entitlement and to phase out the same educational benefit to ensure the Forever GI bill is maintained.
- H.R. 3996 – VA Design-Build Construction Enhancement Act of 2019 (Rep. Banks – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill requires the Department of Veterans Affairs to move from a design-bid-build to a design-build construction management process when entering into a major construction project.
- H.R. 1424 – Fallen Warrior Battlefield Cross Memorial Act (Rep. Gonzalez (OH) – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill will codify the practice of permitting the Fallen Warrior Battlefield Cross in VA National Cemeteries.
- H.R. 3224 – Deborah Sampson Act, as amended (Rep. Brownley – Veterans’ Affairs)
This bill amends title 38, United States Code, to provide for increased access to Department of Veterans Affairs medical care for women veterans.