|House Meets at…
||Votes Predicted at…
|2:00 p.m. Legislative Business
Unlimited“One Minutes” Per Side
|No votes expected
|ANY ANTICIPATED MEMBER ABSENCES FOR VOTES TODAY SHOULD BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO THE OFFICE OF THE MAJORITY WHIP AT 6-3210.
Floor Schedule and Procedure:
Suspensions (5 bills)
- H.R. 2227 – Gold Star Spouses and Spouses of Injured Servicemembers Leasing Relief Expansion Act of 2019, as amended (Rep. Bustos – Veterans’ Affairs)This bill amends the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to authorize spouses of servicemembers who incur a catastrophic injury or illness or die while in military service to terminate leases of premises and motor vehicles.
- H.R. 4852 – GIVE Act (Rep. Torres – Veterans’ Affairs)
This amends title 38, United States Code, to require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to make available to veterans information about postsecondary educational institutions’ religious affiliation, whether its determined that the institution serves minorities or the institution is gender specific.
- H.R. 3749 – Legal Services for Homeless Veterans Act, as amended (Rep. Panetta – Veterans’ Affairs)This bill amends title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to make grants to entities that provide legal services for homeless veterans and veterans at risk for homelessness.
- H.R. 4613 – VA Reporting Transparency Act (Rep. Rose (NY) – Veterans’ Affairs)This bill directs the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish and maintain a website of the Department that allows the public to obtain electronic copies of Congressional requested reports.
- H.R. 561 – Protecting Business Opportunities for Veterans Act of 2019, as amended (Rep. Bergman – Veterans’ Affairs)This bill amends title 38, United States Code, to extend the period under which an election must be made for entitlement to educational assistance under the All-Volunteer Educational Assistance Program of Department of Veterans Affairs.
*Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until Wednesday, February 26th.