WASHINGTON, D.C.— The results of Republican tax cut and regulatory reform policies continue to shine, as new numbers out today show record low unemployment numbers, higher than expected levels of hiring, and a record number of companies raising wages for their workers.
These are the numbers you need to know:
- May’s unemployment rate hits an 18-year low at 3.8%, with job openings at a record high.
- 223,000 jobs were added in May, the highest level in three months and exceeding economic forecasts.
- The construction and manufacturing industries are booming, with 25,000 and 18,000 jobs added in those industries respectively.
- The number of small businesses raising wages for their workers hit a record high, with 35% of small business owners reporting raising compensation.
- The average increase in hourly wages is up from last year at 2.7%.
- 58% of small business owners are reporting intentions to hire more workers.
Will Nancy Pelosi and Congressional Democrats still tell American workers and families benefitting from rising wages and increased job opportunities that the benefits they see are “crumbs” and a “dark cloud” that Democrats intend to repeal if in the majority?