Suspensions (9 bills)
1. S. 3989 – United States Semiquincentennial Commission Amendments Act of 2020, as amended (Sen. Toomey – Oversight and Reform)
This bill would change certain requirements of the Commission established to commemorate the 250th anniversary of the founding of the United States. The bill would modify the membership of the commission and grant the commission the power to authorize and license official products and logos.
2. S. 3418 – STORM Act (Sen. Peters – Transportation and Infrastructure)
This bill amends the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to establish an option for state revolving loan funds for hazard mitigation projects, with the intent of reducing future risks and costs of natural hazards.
3. S. 979 – Federal Advance Contracts Enhancement Act (Sen. Rubio – Transportation and Infrastructure)
This bill codifies nine recommendations made by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) related to the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s use of advance contracting to carry out its responsibilities.
4. S. 2730 – Drone Advisory Committee for the 21st Century Act (Sen. Peters – Transportation and Infrastructure)
This bill seeks to increase the presence of agriculture, county, and tribal interests on the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Drone Advisory Committee.
5. H.R. 6535 – A bill to deem an urban Indian organization and employees thereof to be a part of the Public Health Service for the purposes of certain claims for personal injury (Rep. Gallego – Natural Resources)
This bill extends federal torts claim coverage for certain personal injury claims (i.e., medical malpractice liability protection) to urban Indian organizations and their employees by deeming them as part of the Public Health Service. Currently, such coverage is provided to Indian tribes, tribal organizations, Indian contractors, and their employees.
6. H.R. 3250 – Julius Rosenwald and the Rosenwald Schools Act of 2020, as amended (Rep. Davis (IL) – Natural Resources)
This bill would direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource study of the sites associated with the life and legacy of Julius Rosenwald and to determine the feasibility of designating the sites as one or more new units of the National Park System.
7. H.R. 7460 – Peace Corps Commemorative Work Extension Act (Rep. Kennedy – Natural Resources)
This bill extends through January 24, 2028, the authority of the Peace Corps Commemorative Foundation to establish a commemorative work on federal land in the District of Columbia and its environs to commemorate the mission of the Peace Corps and the ideals on which the Peace Corps was founded.
8. H.R. 5472 – Jimmy Carter National Historical Park Redesignation Act (Rep. Bishop (GA) – Natural Resources)
This bill would redesignate the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site in Georgia as the Jimmy Carter National Historical Park.
9. H.R. 5852 – Weir Farm National Historical Park Redesignation Act (Rep. Himes – Natural Resources)
This bill would redesignate the Weir Farm National Historic Site in Connecticut as the Weir Farm National Historical Park.