Suspensions (8 bills)
1. S. 906 – Driftnet Modernization and Bycatch Reduction Act (Sen. Feinstein – Natural Resources)
This bill directs the National Marine Fishery Service to facilitate the phaseout of large-scale driftnet fishing and promote the adoption of alternative fishing practices, and to award grants to program participants to reimburse fees from permits of the driftnet fishery, forfeit fishing gear, or purchase alternative gear.
2. H.R. 970 – Robert E. Lee Statue Removal Act, as amended (Rep. Brown – Natural Resources)
This bill requires the Department of the Interior to remove and appropriately dispose of the monument to General Robert E. Lee at the Antietam National Battlefield.
3. H.R. 1240 – Young Fishermen’s Development Act, as amended (Rep. Young – Natural Resources)
This bill establishes a Young Fishermen’s Development Grant Program within the National Sea Grant Office to provide training, education, outreach, and technical assistance for young fishermen and women.
4. H.R. 5040 – AIR Safety Act of 2020, as amended (Rep. Curtis – Natural Resources)
This bill requires the Bureau of Land Management, in consultation with the U.S. Forest Service and the Federal Aviation Administration, to conduct a study on the impacts and costs of unauthorized drone incursions on wildland fire suppression and the feasibility and effectiveness of various options to prevent such incursions.
5. H.R. 5458 – Rocky Mountain National Park Boundary Modification Act (Rep. Neguse – Natural Resources)
This bill authorizes the Department of the Interior to acquire, by donation only, a parcel of approximately forty acres of non-federal land and requires the Secretary to modify the boundary of Rocky Mountain National Park to include the acquired land.
6. H.R. 5459 – Rocky Mountain National Park Ownership Correction Act (Rep. Neguse – Natural Resources)
This bill directs the Department of the Interior to correct a land ownership error within the boundary of Rocky Mountain National Park, by exchanging specified 0.18 acres of federal land for specified 0.18 acres of nonfederal land if the nonfederal owner agrees to the exchange.
7. H.R. 7098 – Saguaro National Park Boundary Expansion and Study Act of 2020, as amended (Rep. Grijalva – Natural Resources)
This bill modifies the boundary of Saguaro National Park by adding approximately 1,232 acres to the park and requires the Department of the Interior to conduct a study to identify lands for future adjustments to the boundary of the park.
8. H.R. 7489 – Long Bridge Act of 2020, as amended (Rep. Wittman – Natural Resources)
This bill authorizes the Department of the Interior to convey to, and authorize the use by, Virginia and the District of Columba, certain National Park Service land for the construction of a new Long Bridge structure for rail and other infrastructure purposes.